Friday, October 30, 2009

Winter Wonder...

Wow, 42 degrees on Thursday morning, cold and grey outside!! Whoo Hoo!! I love winter! I love so many things about winter I could go on and on and on and on....I have been prompted to clean my closets, shampoo the carpets, clean out the boys rooms, can our pie filling, try new soup recipes, dig out holiday candy recipes, dust off the tea kettle.... So many great adventures start with the advent of Winter Weather....They always say to Bloom where you are Planted...I figure I must have learned to do that with some sucess since 42 means winter here!! At home 42 would be a balmy indian summer day, or the promise of spring before another week or 5 or 6 of cold winter weather hit! The fact that 42 brings an appreciation of winter must mean something!! I love the people here, and our "old" friends that we have after all these years!! I love the fact my hubby doesn't have to drive big brown in the snow! However, would I trade it all for the four seasons, and the cold and blowing wind and snow of winter?? Quite possibly....However, there seems to be many reasons we still live here, and for now it is okay... Thank goodness we have the days of 42 and grey skies...gives us so much to look forward to...

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!!! I guess you have truly learned to bloom where you are planted since where you come from winter starts in September and lasts until July and a warm winter day includes temps above 0!!! I love winter too, however, Montana winters are a little too much for me. 42 and no snow would take some getting used to for me as well. I love snow and the crisp cold smell of winter air and wood burning in fireplaces. I'm sad we didn't get to stop and see you guys. I'm coming down to Vegas just to spend a few days with you sometime!!! Have fun with your winter past times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am thinking that I should come visit you during your "winter" as 42 degrees sounds pretty good when the weather is freezing. :)

    ReplyDelete