Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday ....

Fishin on the Madison....

Today is the birthday....we wonder for whom... That is the opening line of the "Wardell Family Birthday Song"... It is a song of love and celebration and has been the envy of all our friends over the years because they don't share the same birthday song that we do...the fact that it is about 5 minutes long only adds to the birthday charm!

Today was David's birthday...seems weird that I have been around to wish him over half of his birthdays! Seems like only yesterday that we met and started down the road together! David is one of the truly nice people in the world. He always sees the best in people and is always willing to look past whatever kind of packaging they come in and past whatever kind of baggage they carry. He is kind, honest, supportive, loving and more...His nickname from his Dad was "love-ed" and it is so fitting! He is truly a blessing to those he is around and especially me!

I have long called David... "David-O"...no idea why or where that came from or even really when it started but have called him that so long, I don't really remember not calling him that. Today in church, we were looking at the pictures of all the past prophets of the church. David was named after the Prophet David O McKay. I asked him if his parents had ever told him why they named him after the prophet and he said that his dad loved President McKay. As I looked at the picture of that man, you could see the kindness radiating from his gaze and I thought how appropriate it seemed that my David had been named after him. As for my nickname for him...I always thought it kind of funny that I called him that, long before I knew who his namesake was...just one of life's little curves I guess.

Happy Birthday David...and thanks for loving me and the boys! You are the best!

3 comments:

  1. He is a good man, and he has a GREAT wife too!! And guess what Vicki? My husband John's birthday is April 18 too, and I am so grateful for him. Alot of good men were born on this day, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's cool, it would be fun to celebrate together sometime...tell him Happy Birthday from us...I know he is a great guy! And lucky him...married to another GREAT gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not know he shared my dad's birthday! tell him happy belated for us! he is a great guy.

    ReplyDelete