Apple Pie with Fall leaves and acorns...
Homemade applie pie??? Of course!!! Linda had a Martha Stewart Magazine (yes, you heard me!! as much as it pains me to admit it, these were in the magazine!!) and she had these pies in there. Well just the apple one, but we thought it was such a cute idea! We tried two pies, one with her crust, and one with the old standby crisco crust!! Both were delicious, the main point of the whole pie, is look how cute they are!!! We made leaves and acorns for the top of the apple pie, and snowflakes for the top of the cherry pie! They turned out so good, and we had such a fun time making them. We have lots of other good pie ideas based on these two. We are now ready for a "wow" Thanksgiving with our pretty pies!!! The fact that we could do it together was better than any pie! We never and I do mean never get to do fun things like this together. It was really great! So does Martha need to be shaking in her shoes???? I would think so...We just might give her a run for her money!!!
Cherry Pie with Snowflakes...
Look how pretty they are.....
Look how pretty they are.....





you make me sick
ReplyDelete....I LOVE that cherry pie!!!! I don't even like cherry pie but I think I'll try that one. And next time invite me!!!:)) I love to make pies!! Hope you guys had so much fun. btw--is the "sticky shoe" called that because your shoes stick to the floor and make that gross schlurpy noise when you pick your feet up???
ReplyDeleteThose are so neat ~ do you just cut out those designs in the crust and put them on top of the pie? Cool!
ReplyDeleteClaudine, we just used cookie cutters and cut the shapes out of the pie crust and layered them all over the top, you have to leave some gaps for the filling to bubble out of, and then we put an egg wash (just an egg mixed w/ a little milk)over the top, sprinkled on a little sugar, and baked.. pretty fun...
ReplyDeleteNikki, yes the sticky shoe is so called because of the floor. They have cheap movies, great popcorn, and probably hasn't been cleaned in 20 or 30 years, but it is still fun...We always try to go when we are there...
ReplyDelete