Our oldest has flown the coop! He actually only went up north for a few days or couple of weeks to look for a job, took a few things with him, and left with the promise to be home before Christmas and hopefully be moving after. Well he found his job. A good job it promises to be. He found his housing, and is finding his way in a little Wyoming town of 1200. He won't be home for Christmas, and he won't be moving after. He has "moved" already and we will be delivering his stuff to him on our way North after the holiday. My friends have told me for so long, that I shouldn't wish them away, that my kids will be gone soon enough, and I am going to miss them when they are gone. For now I am still in the land of happiness. I am so excited for the opportunities in front of Jordan and I am praying that this will be an answer to many prayers and that he can find the niche he has been looking for. He is a country boy at heart and I am praying he has found a good place to land. He is late in going out the door and even when he is gone for a moment our family misses him. However, we know that the time has come..We couldn't be prouder of the great young man that he is..and we are so thankful to count him as ours...I shed a few tears the day he left, and will probably shed alot more when I drop his stuff in Wyoming...however I am glad for him that he is out the door. I know it will be good for him and good for us. I know in my heart this is his time to fly...
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Flyin the coop....
Our oldest has flown the coop! He actually only went up north for a few days or couple of weeks to look for a job, took a few things with him, and left with the promise to be home before Christmas and hopefully be moving after. Well he found his job. A good job it promises to be. He found his housing, and is finding his way in a little Wyoming town of 1200. He won't be home for Christmas, and he won't be moving after. He has "moved" already and we will be delivering his stuff to him on our way North after the holiday. My friends have told me for so long, that I shouldn't wish them away, that my kids will be gone soon enough, and I am going to miss them when they are gone. For now I am still in the land of happiness. I am so excited for the opportunities in front of Jordan and I am praying that this will be an answer to many prayers and that he can find the niche he has been looking for. He is a country boy at heart and I am praying he has found a good place to land. He is late in going out the door and even when he is gone for a moment our family misses him. However, we know that the time has come..We couldn't be prouder of the great young man that he is..and we are so thankful to count him as ours...I shed a few tears the day he left, and will probably shed alot more when I drop his stuff in Wyoming...however I am glad for him that he is out the door. I know it will be good for him and good for us. I know in my heart this is his time to fly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





great post vicki...i love jordan and hope all the best for him wyoming has to offer! he is not only gonna fly ~ he will soar!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good deal, even though I don't know what his job is. Wyoming seems so far away, I hope we see him again some time. Great photo!! I am glad for him, and you too. Love ya........
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I just chatted with Chandler and he told me! I had no clue! SO happy for him! What little town is he in? I hope he is happy and everything continues to work out for him! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteJordan is in Pinedale Wy, just about 3 hours east of Idaho Falls Id. He will be working as a helper with an Operator uncovering underground utility lines etc, out in the oil fields with a hydro vac truck. He will also be working on getting his CDL and hoping to move up to Operator of Hydro Vac...
ReplyDeleteGives me a lump in my throat. I am not a fan of watching my children grow. I know it is good for them. I know it is God's plan and that they need to learn and spread their wings. But, my heart is so wrapped up in these precious children and I learn so much from them daily and I find more JOY in them and Justin than anything I have ever experienced that I just can't imagine HOW I will handle watching them "fly the coop." I am glad for Jordan! He has always seemed like such an independent boy to me and I hope he loves WY.
ReplyDelete