Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's the little things...

Rainbow breaking through a grey sky...first fat snowflakes on Christmas Eve...Unexpected gift on your doorstep...letter from an old friend...Courtesy from a perfect stranger...I could go on and on...There are those moments in life, that are so unexpected as to take our breath away. They are the little things, that makes us feel warm and tingly all over and makes us think that nothing could be more perfect than the life we lead and the world we live in.

I often think of these as the Tender Mercies granted to us, to remind us of who we are and the blessing we have of living here on earth. I have always been able to appreciate the simple things in life. I understand that things do not need to be huge or extraordinary to be important.

Had one of these moments yesterday. A kindness so unexpected it slapped a big smile on my face and I have yet to get over it. It is a little thing really, but at the same time a big thing. Happened to one of my boys. As the day unfolded and the reality of this "gift" sunk in, I watched my son, gain confidence, height and stature. So unsure of himself, and so proud at the same time. One of life's perfect moments. All because of a little thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment