Monday, December 5, 2011

Reflections...

Decided to check the blog today. Turns out I am not a very good blogger. Way to long in between posts. One thing I discovered is that I am not a very good journal keeper either. As I was reading through my blog, I realized there are many simple things I would like to record in our family history but have not taken the time to do so. I have many stops and starts in my journal. Have recorded a few of the "big" moments, however very few of the small ones and most of them "after" the fact instead of at the time they were occuring. Hindsight is a much different perspective than the one you have while "in the moment". I appreciate those who keep good records and up to date journals and blogs. I know their families will be grateful also. My sweet mother in law has spent countless hours writing the history of our family and we are ever so grateful. My family cherishes the knowledge of who they are and where they came from. This is a noble accomplishment that I hope I will pass on to my children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment