Tuesday, January 27, 2009
What a Chicken!!
Today was an experiment day!! One of our grocery stores had whole chickens on sale for a pretty good price, so I thought, hey, why not get a few, cook and debone them, get my freezer stocked up, and do it all for a good price. I cooked 4 of them yesterday in my big roaster and today I invited my friend Sophie over to visit and cook. She got stuck with the job of deboning all the chicken, while I made burrito's. ( and yes, she shredded the roast for these as well) I ended up with 5 bags of chicken all nicely shredded to tuck in the freezer for future meals, 2 pans of chicken enchilada's, and 40 burrito's. We had a great time visiting and working. The moral of the story??? I ended up with about 2 lbs. of boneless cooked meat per chicken, which started out at just over 4 1/2 pounds frozen. My good price deal wasn't quite as good as I thought ( for the amount of meat left after boning) , but not bad. The best part??? Enjoying Sophie's good company, and getting a little more organized here at home. The enchiladas???? delicious!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment