Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can you say Mapquest!?!!

Last night, I drove over to pick up a friend, to whose house I have been countless of times. I always go the same exact way in and out of her neighborhood, (to the point she makes fun of me because I am so specific about the direction I drive). Anyway, I am driving down her street, I stop in front of her house and I think, what the heck she changed her stuff by the front door! Then I realize it is not her house. So then I look a couple of doors down, and think, Oh, she must have company, I recognize that car in the drive. I pull up to that driveway and see the front window wide open and go, Oh! That isn't even her house, someone else is in there!!! I then check out the trees and the hedges and think ooohh... there she is down there. I drive down two more doors, only to find, a different table and chairs outside, and still not the right house!! At this point I am seriously wondering if I am on the right street. As I am looking all around I finally figure out, I passed her house and start to back(yes you heard me)back up the street, only to realize that she is standing in the driveway, laughing her head off!! Yes I was on my cell at the time, but the worst part is, I would have done it anyway with out a cell by my ear. No, I do not drive by street address, but by landmarks. As I was wondering if I knew where I was, I realized I don't even know her house number!!! Can mapquest say, you are lost you dumb dumb, turn around and go home!!?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki!
    We miss you too. We are loving Wisconsin though. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think this is the most fun way to keep in touch. Have you tried Facebook? Another addicting website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came by and commented. We are planning a family vacation to Disneyland in October and will be staying a night in Vegas. We will have to stop by and see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar experience happen to me. We were building a house and living with our kids in Enoch where Paula lives now. I came home one night and pulled up in the wrong driveway. My daughter-in-law was having a jewelry party and so I was thinking "boy, she goes way out, she even changed her porch decorations for the party" Well, I walked right into the living room of the wrong house. It is funny to talk about now, but I was so embarased. I said "OH, I must have the wrong house" and they said, "yes, you probably do". At least you didn't go in the wrong house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Claudine, thats a good one. Wait till I pass that on. LOL Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello! Sorry it took a while to get back to you, we were out for the weekend! Thanks for the comment! It was fun to take the babes out! Okay..so the text in between the pics. First you upload pictures. Then, you just press "enter" to have space between them. Once that's done, you can write the text. And you can keep as much space between text and pic that you want or what I do is move the pic right up underneath the text. You just click the pic and drag it up (or down) to where you want it. That wasn't very specific so let me know if you get it figured out or not! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

    ReplyDelete