
(Art by Greg Olsen)
Today was fast and testimony meeting in our ward. Britton and Chandler both took the opportunity to bear their testimony. It was wonderful. I love the moments when Heavenly Father teaches us through our children. Our little ones, and even our older "little ones" are so precious. I love the innocence and sureness with which they approach life. I also love to see the trust that comes through in their faith. It reminds me so much of the scripture that says; ".....Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3) I think what Christ was teaching, is that we all need to exercise our faith more, and to become humble and trusting as our children are. Our four children are our greatest blessing, and we are so grateful to see them developing their own testimony of the Saviour, and his teachings. As they learn, we learn, and as I listened to them today, I could feel the Holy Ghost witness to me, the truthfulness of what they were saying. Out of the mouth of babes.....





So true Vicki. I came home from church and was trying to tell Rex and Lindsey about Chandler's testimony. It was hard for me to put into words what I was trying to say. I think you hit the nail in the head when you say -"the innocence that comes through in their faith". Thanks for putting into words what I could not.
ReplyDeletePS
As you are blogging about such spiritual things-I am blogging about the plumbers crack.
What does that tell ya? (ha ha)
Paula, all those moments make our memories. From the "Chandler" moments to the "plumbers crack" where would we be without them?
ReplyDeleteSo im noticing your playlist on your page... glad you dont have any of those naughty songs on there!!!! :) AND NOW YOU CANT GIVE ME A HARD TIME CAUSE IM COMMENTING YOU BACK MISSY!
ReplyDeleteOkay, smonesprayer which means what by the way?? I am not even telling you anymore about the naughty songs, they were so bad!! and Thanks for the comments I love ya!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, Vicki. I also love the thoughts at the top of the page. They are both so true. I always say that if you have good kids it is the best belssing you can have. John and I certainly aren't angels, but we sure have good kids and grandkids and I feel like it is such a blessing. They are the best things in my life.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. We really adore Chandler. Justin and I comment frequently about what a great guy he is!!! My little Abby is always jumping up to bear her testimony and everytime she does I am struck with how strong her spirit and her faith are, especially for her age. She is always setting such a great example for us.
ReplyDeleteNikki, it is amazing how your children can be so different and pull on so many of your heart strings. They each touch us in different ways. Chandler loves family, all of ours. What a blessing for him to belong to such a big ol huge family. I love getting to see your kids on the blog, makes us feel a little more in touch.
ReplyDelete