Saturday, February 7, 2009

I've been SCOOPED!!!

Last night some friends and I went out to dinner and took in a movie. It is an unusual event to actually go to dinner and a movie, and have friends to do it with all in one night! I was sooooo excited, all the through the day, planning the fun time, thinking of all the jokes and laughter that would take place, (we are an amazing bunch of super fun people I should add) needless to say my anticipation was running high! We get the carpool running,we pick up our pals,and we are laughing joking and teasing each other as we head off to the restaurant. We find a parking place in the airport parking garage, oops! that is another story (I simply made a comment that the parking garage at the new casino, (apparently I was the ONLY one in the car who hadn't been out here before)looked like we were at the airport. Do you think I heard the end of it??? Noooooooo... Anyway I digress... we park,enter and the door to the elevator doesn't shut. We are waiting...I'm talking...finally one of my friends says to me, "get your but out of the door so it will shut!" We all start laughing, the evening was going well. We bought our movie tickets out of some snappy little machine, that looks much like an ATM, no standing in line, it was very cool! Meanwhile Paula had gone down to the restaurant to get us a table, so no waiting there either. It was great!!! We are ordering and talking and people watching, when I suddenly notice, this little,chunky thing Paula was sloooowly sliding out of her hand! You got it, her camera!!!! OH!!! I had been scooped!!! If it wasn't bad enough I forgot to take mine to the superbowl party(and yes,she kindly shared her pictures) I didn't even think about it for our night out! I was so annoyed that I missed the good photo opps to be had of our fun time. All is not lost however as Paula will blog about it with her good pics! If you want to be a blogger and not a lurker, I have discovered two things. One you have to be smart enough to take your camera everywhere you go to capture all of life's interesting moments, and two you have to have good friends and family who will let you write about them and celebrate those moments with you.

11 comments:

  1. Well, you beat me to the blog about our night. However....i do have the incriminating pictures. It was a fun night. I am so greatful to have such good friends. Oh ya...where's my tapioca pudding Blanche? (don't cha know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is bread and tapioca I owe you, your building up quite a honey do list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! I have my mom here right now and we are having a good time. It actually got around the 50 mark today with the weather! Thanks for taking care of my hubby! I am totally ready for him to come home.
    Love ya
    Barbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds llike a great night! Paula said you guys sure had a good time. Maybe a good idea would be to keep your camera in the car then you will be ready for whatever comes along that you can blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya-take it from my mom to have your camera in the car...then you can take pictures WHILE you are dirving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I saw you post a comment on my sister Angela's blog...this is Amy Cromar Dibble...It is nice to find ya'll here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I am excited about the whole blogging thing and glad to be able to keep in touch with family a little easier. If you are on Angela's blog and I can find her again, I will try to find you, so we can keep in touch. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never let it be said I am a slow learner. I did put my camera in my car, and yes I did have it at the airport today for picking up the grandma blog!!! Woo hoo! More blogging to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now--was your trip to the airport ANYTHING like the parking garage at Aliante?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha,Ha, you are sooooo funny!!! Must be why I like you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO need to get some girl's nights out going!! Sounds so fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete