Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We have Company!!

Okay, so she really isn't company but my mom finally arrived!! She usually comes right after Christmas and this year she waited until February. We thought she would NEVER get here. We love having her come and visit, and she and I get to catch up on all the fun projects that we like doing together. She did arrive just in time for her winter job. I work at Flowers by Michelle, and when my mom gets here she moonlights as a "rose stripper". I know that many of you are thinking, UH HUH! "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". The real truth is that she comes to the shop and helps clean flowers for the holiday. Hence the "rose stripper" refers to taking the thorns and leaves off the roses. She wasn't feeling well on "flower day" (which means the day that all our flowers for the holiday come in) and so she missed her job this year, however we are still saving that title for her!!! We will get to keep her with us for a few weeks and we are so excited. I being the competent blogger that I am, took my camera for those "greeting at the airport" moments, and of course, the pictures are all blurry! I think something is wrong with my camera, well besides the person behind the lens that is, so I have to check that out! You can't be a cameraless blogger!!! I will however find good opportunities before she goes home for pics and post so she can be "seen" on the blog, after all wouldn't that be the highlight of her trip??? I am confident that she would agree.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! I just found your great blog on Barbi's - if you'll email me, I can invite you to see ours (it's private) - shooflyka@hotmail.com Love you guys! Kendria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Mom has come to visit you. That sounds like fun.........I hope to get to see a photo of her before she goes back home. Does she live in Montana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw your mom is in town?? I wish I could see her! I bet you guys will have so much fun! How long is she in town for? Tell her I said HI!! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I need to go with you so I can document your happenings with MY camera. Tell Mom hi and I am sure I will be seeing her. (after the big flower day)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudine, she does live in Montana and I will post a pic of her before she goes home. Yes Jess I will tell her HI for you!! and YES Paula, apparently I am clueless about the whole traveling camera thing, so you need to accompany me everywhere. Maybe we could change your name to Blanche, beens you have the pictures, you could be the scrapper!!!

    ReplyDelete