Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Feet, Simple Pleasures....


Wow, look at those toes!!! I got to spend the better part of the morning with my good pal the other day, who shared with me the delights of a pedicure! What an amazing experience that was! My feet are still so happy! We followed up our fancy feet with a lazy lunch and ended up spending a big chunk of our day, visiting and laughing. I see her often, but having time to just spend together is a rarity... As I have thought about that morning I have been more determined to find the time to do the simple things that seemed to get pushed aside in the pursuit of "busy"ness and have come to realize, we are surrounded by opportunities, perhaps we just don't recognize them enough to stop and enjoy them. Here is a couple of them I have experienced lately.....
I went to help a friend do some packing for an upcoming move the other day, and spent break time surrounded by women who are older than my mom, almost old enough to be my "grandma" and listened to them laugh, giggle and kid around with each other. What a delight!! I have always enjoyed being around "older" people, even as a kid I enjoyed so much their insights into life, and that has not changed. We only had a few hours together packing and laughing but it was great!
I spent a couple of hours the other night, sitting in the yard, watching my neighbors kids run through my sprinklers, laughing and lauging over the water running over their toes, and getting themselves soaking wet. I got to chat with a pal while I was enjoying the scenery and she could hear the giggles clean through the phone....
Life's simple pleasures, are sometimes so ordinary we often overlook the fact that while we are enjoying the "simple things" our hearts are being connected and our souls are being fed......so as they say, take the time to stop and notice the little things....

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a good pedicure, I say! You are so right about life's simple pleasures. I know I am always too busy to enjoy anything. Seems like I never take a break. I would love to sit out on the patio and just read a book, but there's always a list a mile long of things I need to do. Your feet look wonderful! Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya gotta love a good pedicure...even if they people are probably talking about your feet in their native tongue. Good blog though...a little reminder we all need to keep us in check about the things that really matter...the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good point well taken... your thoughts are timely and I now want to go get a pedicure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pedicure here i come...well said girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE pedicures!!! You are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete