Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Savior

http://www.marilynspoetry.com/web_images/No_Time_for_Jesus_&_Greg_Olsen.jpg

Today in testimony meeting, some of the testimonies including my own touched on the gratitude that we feel for our Savior. I feel some days as though my only anchor in a crazy world is the knowledge we have of a Loving Heavenly Father and the blessings given to us through the Atonement of a Loving Savior. In Sunday School our lesson was on the final judgement. We had a good discussion and learned much about what will take place during the final judgement. We all expressed a little fear of that time, and wondering about whether we will really be all that we need to be, in order to make it into the kingdom of Heaven that we would like. One of the comments however, really touched me. Bishop Eliason, stated that he felt like when our time came to stand for our accounting of our life, that the Savior would be right next to us, and for each time we fell short, he would say...Hey, I took care of that... Oh, yeah I took care of that too...reminding us that he already paid the price for our sins. What peace came to my soul in reflecting just what the atonement means to me. How often do we deny ourselves the opportunity to grow and to be forgiven because we often judge ourselves so much more harshly than we should... The words to one of my favorite hymns start out as...Savior may I learn to love thee...it then goes on to say, ...May I learn to love my brother as I know that lovest me...I believe what it is really saying, is that when we learn to love as the Savior does, then we will be like Him...All in all it was a learning, thought provoking day. I love the blessings we are given, when we recognize the window of learning that comes to us...Just another example of how we are blessed by a Loving Heavenly Father who wants us to be all that we can be...

1 comment:

  1. well...gotta be honest. i came on here to see if you had posted the super bowl party pics. now i feel bad that i was sort of disappointed to see you had not. maybe i will beat you to it! nice blog though. you always have such a nice way with words.

    ReplyDelete