Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Season of Harvest...

What to do on a Saturday?? Applesauce of course! This is just a portion of the 68 quarts we did on Saturday. We love to can in our house and more importantly we love to eat what we bottle. This has been a fun year. We have done peaches, applesauce, apple butter, pears, spaghetti sauce, chicken, beef, beans, salsa and chili sauce and assorted jam. It has been so fun stocking up our pantry and spending fun times together. I have quite the canning crew as David, Chandler and Britton are always up for helping mom in the kitchen. I am so spoiled, I don't ever want to can by myself anymore! They are such a good crew and make short work of a big job! We had a great tomato season this year, and were able to do Salsa and Chili Sauce right from our garden! So yummy! I love the season of Harvest! From ground to table, it is so rewarding to see the cycle repeat itself each season...One more blessing to be grateful for...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great crew to have and man those look delicious. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't a better feeling than getting your canning done when it starts getting cold outside and you feel such a warm satisfying feeling. I don't know how you had time to do anything else, boy you did alot. Thank goodness for all those men in your life.

    ReplyDelete