Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ever seen a Gawk??

Britton as a "nerd" for Spirit week!

Ever seen a gawk, a stoop, or someone being soft? Ever even heard of these words?? My mother is famous in our family for her unique use of some words. In order to define these choice words I have included pictures of us acting like that! One of these actions would be accompanied by some phrase such as, "what a gawk!", or don't be a" stoop", or stop acting so soft!! As near as we can tell "soft" is what you are, when ALL other words fail! The great thing about having such a special vocabulary is that she has plenty of opportunity to use these words, as she is surrounded by some really special family members.....


Celeste, Jordan and Gram.... Smile Pretty please.....


As if it could be that easy!! Celeste had no idea what to make of the two gawks to the right of her!! This was about the 5th take trying to get a decent one!!



There are no words for this.... Some things just leave you speechless!!


What a gawk!! This is Chandler with the "lens" he invented! He assured us his vision was soooo much better with this little treasure. Thank goodness some of his phases are short lived!!


Following in the footsteps of my blogging experts, (Paula and Claudine) I took pictures at each of the stops on our shopping day! By the time we got here, mom was tired of getting her picture taken so thinking she was so smart, she turned her face away!!
I of course replied, "don't be such a stoop!" and took her picture in the rearview mirror. I thought it turned out quite nicely. Look at the sneaky little grin she is wearing , cause she thought she was so funny!!


This is "Sleeping Beauty" literally. Kayla thought she should act the part on our trip to Disneyland! I say, where is Prince Charming when you need him.... I am sure he is out looking for some one who knows how to act like a stoop!!


Speaking of gawks!! This is Chandler doing an imitation of some funky face his Grandpa would pull! My secret theory is that Mom developed her vocabulary in response to all the funny faces that Dad would pass on to us...


"Ponytail Man" has gotten to Clay. He clearly thinks Dalton is acting like a stoop with his "ponytail cap" on. What a legacy to inherit from his Gramps...


Stop being so soft!!! These words are clearly not as effective with this bunch as they could be. 16 tries to get a picture in front of the tree!! They are sooo cooperative. I have never seen a group that loves getting their pictures taken as much as these four! Talk about acting like stoops....

7 comments:

  1. YEAH I can blog stock you! How are you guys!? We are doing well! I love your blog!
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, We are good! I am glad you are on here, I am kind of liking the blogging thing...Can I get on yours, or do you have to do something so I can??? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post, Vicki. Your Mom is such a cutie. I'll bet there is never a dull monent at your house. Love YA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOMAN- is your precious mom still here? Is she that addicted to cookin with the chicks that she has to stay for cinco de mayo?! MIss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki your boys are hilarious and your Mommy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stop gawking at your stoopendous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha Ha!! I love it, last night we were talking with my sister, and her daughter was doing something goofy, and I automatically said, "what a gawk"!!! We laughed and laughed. Maybe I shouldn't be showing off our "real selves" but with a crew like this, what do you do???

    ReplyDelete