Friday, April 17, 2009
Mom Visit
Boy how time flies. Seems like just yesterday, my mom came down to stay with us. The reality is that she got here the first week in Feb, and she left to head home on Tues. She was here for just about two months. It was so fun to have her with us for a little bit. We had lots of fun while she was here, and we even did a project or two. We got to quilt together, and make several trips to the fabric store which is a fun day for us. We both love buying fabric way more than we like using fabric. We also played alot of shanghai with the kids which is an old family tradition, and we got to eat out a few times. She really enjoyed the chance to go "wafting" each day! Our citrus trees and jasmine were in bloom while she was here and the smell on the front patio is heavenly. She would say, she was going out to "waft" for a little bit, hah! Another of her choice expressions!! She headed out to Seattle for a few days, and then she and my uncle will head back to Montana. I know my sisters and family will be glad to have her back, just as we were sad to have her go. It was lots of fun, and we can't wait until she comes back next year!! Love you Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





OK, Vicki, how did you get the prophets message at the top of your blog? Send me an e mail at jaspevak@msn.com and tell me. Your Mom is such a cutie...........it would be a blast to have her stay with you for as long as she wanted. You are a cutie too, I love the photo of you at the temple grounds. Have a good week-end.
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have your mom come stay for such a long period of time. My mom...on the other hand is quite the home-body, Im lucky to get her to come for the weekend. Luckily, I see her more often because we go up there so much. I love your mom to death, she is such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteits always so fun to be with your mom hu!!! im glad mine has moved to ut so i can see her anytime i want!!! i was reading some of your info, it said u 2 were married in 85'. I was 2! does that help you feel young?! love you ;-)!
ReplyDeleteSteph, wow! That does make me feel young, we will hit 24 yrs this Nov and head to 25 after that!! Where does the time go???? Love you...
ReplyDeleteOK 'Friend"...i think i take offense to the comment you made on my mom's blog...about having friends to do fun things with. What is that supposed to mean??? We are not friends or we are not fun? Any way you look at it, Im feelin kinda bad right now :(
ReplyDeleteOkay "Friend" what I MEANT was, that when I am "retired" I hope I have a group of friends like she does to do fun things with. I wasn't talking about the here and now, since we are all going 900 miles an hour and don't get to do all the fun things that we like. AND since I am always so wordy, I didn't comment on the fact of how many good friends that Blanche enjoys but hopes she will keep when she is past this phase in life ( I was trying to be brief) sooooooooo I was just expressing my HOPE for the future!!! Anyway, I digress, I was not making a statement about my superfun friends here in the present "Don't ya know!".... :)
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki! You found me and now I found you!!! How sad your mom had to leave. When Trevin was born I had my mom for 10 days. There isnt much better than Moms!!!
ReplyDeleteof course you can add me!
ReplyDelete